So Fresh So Clean: 10 Must Have Products For Caring For Greys
It's a tale as old as time - girl meets grey, girl falls in love with grey, grey rolls in the mud. If you have ever fallen prey to the double edged sword that is caring for a grey horse you can definitely sympathize that the struggle is indeed painfully real.
While we can't choose who we love (*sigh*) we can find ways to care for our fine furred friends without driving ourselves completely mental.
Here are my top 10 essentials when caring for a grey:
1. Equifit Sox
2. Quic Silver Purple Shampoo (only at shows - if over used, it can strip too much oil from their hair and cause staining to become worse)
3. Johnson’s Baby Shampoo (for everyday use)
4. Johnson’s Baby Powder (for whitening up for the ring)
5. Epona Tiger’s Tongue Sponge (the best scrubby sponge in my humble opinion)
6. Lucky Braids Whitener/Dry Wash (best stain remover)
7. Homemade recipe - combine a drop of Purple Shampoo in a bottle of alcohol. Perfect at home fix when you don't have any of the "fancy" sprays handy.
8. Calmoseptine Ointment (For when they start getting pink legs or scratches)
9. Neutrogena Kids Sunscreen (To avoid sun burns on pink skin)
10. Johnson’s Unscented Baby Wipes (Little spot removal or to help avoid bathing them every day)
Have products that have worked for you? Make sure to comment them below.